What do you need to know about postpartum depression?
Quick facts and tips for moms and family members to keep in mind when there is a new baby in the family:
- Sometimes it begins before the baby is born
- Sometimes it is a slow, subtle slide toward feeling numb or generally bleak about the events in your life
- Sometimes it is feeling worried and anxious about your baby or things you used to take in stride
- Sometimes it is alarming images and thoughts that pop into your mind when you least expect it
- Sometimes it is an overwhelming sense of helplessness or hopelessness
- Sometimes it is crushing tiredness
- Sometimes it is an anxious drive to keep moving even when you are not sure what you’re doing
- Sometimes it is the inability to focus or a feeling that you can’t think straight
- Sometimes it is an urge to run away from everything
You are not alone and support can help.For more information call Public Health at 250-850-2110.